6.15.2011

Bridal Gowns: The More, The MARRYer for You & -- Your Wallet ??

Is it just me, or have you also noticed that the Love Bug has been putting in lots of overtime lately? It seems every time I log into Facebook, my mini-feed is chalked full of more love, more engagements, and more wedding photographs than I can begin to keep up with – and I`m like a kid in a candy store over all of it. Wedding season is fully underway and, fortunately for me, wedding season marks my favorite time of year.

While most aspects of weddings are super fun, there are some less glamorous components within the planning process that can be daunting to think about – like the *BUDGET*! However, the budget is a very critical and fundamental element that must be thoughtfully constructed, realistically calculated, seriously followed, and constantly checked ... constantly. Weddings today run in a wide gamut of budgets and styles, but on average, weddings in the 21st century are by no means “cheap.” There are many ways that couples are looking to keep their budgets in mind, without compromising or sacrificing certain design elements/ traditional pieces that are most important to them.

One new-age trend that I see gaining popularity is the idea of having multiple wedding gowns! Personally, I think it`s a fabulous idea, because it keeps all of your guests (and your Groom) on the edge of their seats, wondering what stunning piece you`ll come out in next, and how many more looks you`ll pull off before the night ends. It adds a more dramatic, yet playful, layer to your special day, and since all eyes will be on you anyways, you might as well take full advantage of the occasion!

Many Brides put their wedding gown on a very high pedestal – and for good reason! It truly is the most important dress you`ll ever wear. Unfortunately, it can also be the most expensive dress you`ll ever purchase :( So by now, you`re probably wondering why I previously mentioned the importance of a budget, yet I`m now promoting the idea of multiple dresses, right?

Well, I would now like to introduce to you

the 2-IN-1 WEDDING GOWN!


I first saw the concept featured on David Tutera`s “My Fair Wedding” last season, and I think they are absolutely amazing! For the price of 1 dress, you can have 2 completely different looks – usually a more classic look for the wedding, and a more trendy look for the reception (or vice versa if you wish)! You could even get a 3rd look out of the same dress if it comes with a bustle option for the train. 1 gown, 2+ looks, 1 price, all accomplished with one effortless zip! So what`s not to like?! ♥

Please take a peek at some of the designer styles below :)

o David`s Bridal --
^^ Style || KP3135


^^ Style || KP3265


o David Tutera --

^^ Style || EVA B139 ♥

^^ Style || FERGIE B121 ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment